Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Little Late...

Hellooooo 5 months! I’m beginning to get sad when I write these updates! I can’t believe how quickly time is flying by when the only thing I want is for it to stand still! There are so many people who I talk to that can’t wait for their baby to sit up, or roll over, or feed themselves, or do x, y, and z. Here I am not wanting all those things to happen because it means she’s is growing up! Don’t get me wrong, I love the look of delight she has on her face when she discovers something new (like her feet!), but it’s also sad to think that with each new thing she learns she’s becoming more independent. Time truly does fly and makes me so thankful for cameras and blogs like this where I can detail everything. At 5 months:
-Weighs 14lbs 8 ozs

-Has found her feet! Every time she’s on her back she has to grab them and play with them. She has mastered taking off her socks this way. It’s too cute!

-Can finally roll from her belly to her back. Now we are rolling all over the place!

-Has started on rice cereal sometimes in the evenings. We're not consistent with this as it really is dependent on what mood she's in. There are times where she loves it, and other times where she doesn’t want to have anything to do with it. I think she’s more interested in the spoon

-Is drinking about 5.5-6oz per bottle

-Has brown, pretty eyes!

-Size 2 diapers still, though I believe we’ll be moving up to size 3 in the next few weeks

-Is in 6month clothing for the most part, though some of it runs big

-Has been saying ‘ba ba ba ba ba ba ba’ over and over. Not sure what she’s thinking!

-Will fake cough to get our attention. I gotta admit, it’s cute

-Hates it when we try to put a top on or anything that involves her arms going through a sleeve. She will grunt, squeal and make her face turn red. We call her Miss Sassy =)

-When we try to put her pants on, she will straighten out her legs real stiff so we can’t bend them. Then she’ll laugh because she’s getting a kick out of watching us trying to dress her

-Puts everything in her mouth. Every.Thing.

-Still sleeps through the night

-Is finally waking up with wet diapers! We have waited for this day for some time as going 10+ hours without peeing is too long for a little one.

-Still loves to sleep on her tummy. She starts on her back, but rolls right over onto her belly sometime throughout the night.

-Loves playing peekaboo

-Bailey is her buddy. Bailey will walk right beside her and she will hold out her hand to pet her

-Is still teething…no teeth yet! She must get this from her daddy because I had 3 teeth by the time I was her age

-Is still unsure about men she doesn’t know, but smiles at any female

-Is indifferent about bath time. She loves to watch the cup we use to rinse her off and has recently started holding onto a few other bath toys. Other than that, she just waits until the process is over so she can get back to what she was doing before

-Loves blinking lights. We have a snowman up by the fireplace that has fiber optic lights. She can stare at it for the longest time

-Plays with my hair. It puts me to sleep (except for the few times she gets a good hold on it and pulls!)

-Cannot sit still! She is forever turning her head and exploring with her hands. Makes eating time very challenging!

-When she's tired, she'll rub her eyes with the back of her hands

We love our sweet little girl and are so excited for what the future holds for her. She will definitely make a lasting impression on the world! Will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment