Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TEN

Our sweet girl is 10 months! 2 more months and we'll be having a birthday party! I can already tell you that it definitely will be cupcake themed. The girl LOVES looking at cupcakes! We have a Boppy that has cupcakes all over it, and she loves to sit and point at all of them. You say “Cupcake” to her and she just squeals! We’ll be heading to the beach for her birthday – aunts, uncles, grandparents and all! It will be a blast. We are going dogless, which I am very excited about. Colby is a great dog, but he’s MUCH more work than a crawling 10month old, so we’re both looking forward to the vacation away from the pup! YAHOO!!!

We are getting a ‘keepsake’ book for our sweet girl. I really want to print out all these monthly blog updates and put them in her book along with all the mementos and scraps I’ve been collecting since we found out we were having her. I know when she gets older, it will be something she will treasure. I have my baby book my parents put together – I adore it and love flipping through it from time to time.


At 10 months, our sweet girl:

-Crawls up the stairs by herself…I have to keep my hand on her butt because sometimes she spins around too fast and topples over!

-Pulls up on E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Lately she’s been letting go with one hand, so I think she’s really wanting to walk. I still think she will be a late walker because she’s such an expert at crawling!

-Completely uninterested in baby food and wants to eat what you’re eating


-Hates spoons. This makes feeding yogurt a challenge…we end up using a fork

-Is such a picky eater. She will eat cheerios, pasta, graham crackers, waffles and yogurt on a regular basis. Carb city! A girl after my own heart. We have to sneak in some veggies and protein which is very challenging


-Becoming more sassy. You do something she doesn’t like, she will squeeze her hands into fists and grunt real loud. I think it’s hilarious, but it just makes her more mad when I laugh. She’s totally going to be one of those girls that throws a temper tantrum in the middle of the store. Love it.

-Remember how I used to tell you that she’s such a great sleeper and puts herself to sleep? Yeah those days were nice. If we put her in her crib while she’s awake, all she does it play. Play with her mobile, her sheets, pulls herself up on the crib and hangs her arms over the edge. Even at 2am in the morning. There has been times where we put her in our bed just to get her to calm down and fall asleep (yes, I know…bad habit to start but when you’re desperate you’re desperate!)

-Still only has 2 teeth. For a while we thought she was getting in a top tooth, but we haven’t seen it yet.

-Can tilt her sippy cup and head back to drink. We were waiting on this to happen. Before we had to make sure her cups were completely full otherwise she wouldn’t understand why nothing was coming out!

-Still naps twice a day. Every once in a while we go a day with only 1 nap.

-Loves to swing. Our sweet neighbors GAVE (yes, gave) us their swingset (side note: moving it from one backyard to another was quite the picture) and she loves the baby swing! We plan on putting a sandbox under it once she gets a bit older.

-Loves to go for walks in her stroller. She ends up sticking her feet up on what we call the ‘dashboard.’ She has some unique sitting positions


-Weighs close to 18lbs – so we think! Our scale isn’t the most accurate.

-Knows what light, dog, cat, mommy, daddy, and clock is. She tries to 'meow' like a cat, but usually ends up screaming and scares the cats away. It's hilarious. She says "dog" but it comes out more like "da."


Love you  kiddo! You continually remind us of how lucky and blessed we are. Thank you for showing us how to love, laugh, and learn. You are our little angel and we cannot imagine our life without you. God is so good!
 













1 comment:

  1. I would like to give her a big kiss :)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete