We found out at the end of October that, to our great surprise, we're expecting our first baby! I'm going on 16 weeks and it still hasn't quite hit me yet...even though I'm beginning to seek out new pants to wear! I was one of those people that took a ton of tests...10 to be exact. Even after the 10th one I still didn't believe we were pregnant until I saw the fluttering heart on the monitor. Now, I KNOW that I'm pregnant and I FEEL pregnant, but the reality that Dave and I will be a mom and dad come June hasn't really sunk in yet. The first 13 weeks of pregnancy were the worst: tired, sick, bloating, you name it. In reality though, things could have been a lot worse so we're grateful we have made it this far, both healthy and sane! We have been blessed with amazing friends and family who have been so good to us during this time! Dave is going to be an amazing dad, and we both can't wait to see what the months ahead hold for us!
Dave and I have been married for over 3 years, but have been together since the beginning of 2003. Time has absolutely flown by for us. In between the time we were married and now, we've lived in NC, TN, PA, and then back to NC again. It's been a whirlwind but we've loved every bit of it. NC seems to be our place of landing, though when we win the lottery (because we will win...even though we don't play (??)) I'm positive we'll be getting a house in the White Mountains of NH...ahhhh.
Dave is the favorite 7th grade math teacher at a local middle school, and I'm living the corporate marketing life at Hanes. I get to travel to all sorts of neat places and meet some great people. We're both content with where our careers are at the moment, though we can say with certainty that there is something better for us out there; we're just not sure what that is just yet. We just welcomed a new pup into our family back in May...Colby. He is QUITE the character and has definitely given us a lot of practice waking up early and cleaning up messes. He's a Boykin Spaniel - one of very few Boykins in our area might I add! He is, by far, the best dog in the world (right up there with Buddy and Abbott!):
He has great company with 2 cats who rule the household, Bailey and Buster:

You have some of the cutest animals! Maybe Bailey will come out the next time I'm over :) *Jen*
ReplyDelete