Don't get me wrong, I loved the fact that we have absolutely nothing to take down and pack away. I watched my neighbors in the freezing cold yesterday attempt to untangle all the lights on their bushes while I was warm and toasty inside. Next year will be a much different story. We'll have a 6 month old by then, so you can bet there is nothing more I want to see than his/her eyes light up with glory as we flip the switch to all the lights.
Besides not having any decorations, this was a nice and relaxing Christmas for us. We spent Christmas Eve with the Johnson's as always. I look forward to the annual Christmas Eve party every year...fabulous baked ziti, wonderful salad, delicious desserts, and catching up with old friends we may not have seen in a while. I miss the years Dave and I are not there, because we're spending the holidays in TN with his family. Christmas Day was spent at my parents new house. We had to improvise with seating, since their furniture isn't quite moved in yet, but it all worked out for the best and really didn't matter. We were all together enjoying the smells and wonderful food of the holiday. Hard to imagine next year there will be a 6 month old added to the family!!
It was Colby's first Christimas. Even without a tree, he seemed to enjoy it as we gave him a 3 foot bone that somehow he managed to put in his mouth and trot around the house! Thatta boy! I tried for months to convince Dave to give Colby a friend for Christmas, but we both decided it's probably best to wait until after the kiddie is born (yes, Dave was right on this one *sigh*). We even had a little bit of snow the week before to enjoy. Colby loved every bit of it:
Merry Christmas!!


No comments:
Post a Comment