Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Clock.

Time is surely ticking slowly. A little too slow if you ask me. They say the 3rd trimester is the most uncomfortable and boy are they right. Here’s a list of what’s been going on with me pregnancy-wise:

•Can’t sleep because I can’t get into a position that is comfortable. Sleep on the side hurts my hips. If I sleep on my back I can’t breathe (and it’s also not good to sleep on your back at this point during the pregnancy). When I do change positions, it takes about 5-6minutes to do so. Our bed is a mountain of pillows.

•Bones and muscles I never knew I had hurt. This is likely because of the extra weight and because I’m not sleeping

•Feet swell. I’m lucky in that this has only happened 4-5 times. It typically happens when I’ve been standing too long or if she’s sitting in an odd position cutting off my circulation. I make sure to drink plenty of water, so I know that’s not the culprit

•Bathroom breaks. ALL THE TIME. Thank goodness they don’t charge to use toilet paper at work

•I can’t walk up a flight of stairs without having to catch my breath. Geez does this make me feel like a big loaf. Before pregnancy, I could run a few miles before I was really winded.

•Braxton Hicks. My fav.

•I'm a little over 36 weeks. That's right people. Pregnancy is 40 weeks long which (in all actuality) is 10 months. 10 MONTHS. Not 9.

She has a little less than 4 weeks to go and can really come at any time. My good friends wedding is this weekend so I hope she can hold out until then! I have been putting off finding a dress because I’m really not sure what I’m going to wear. I wish PJ attire was appropriate. Nevertheless, she seems very content in her little bubble. We go for an ultrasound tomorrow, so here’s hoping everything looks good and on track!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I remember those days! And yes, people need to realize pregnancy is 10 months. And when you're pregnant that extra 4 weeks makes a huge difference. Good luck with everything! I read the post about the bladder. Praying everything is all good :)

    ReplyDelete