Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things to Remember Throughout My Pregnancy

-Evening sickness: I was lucky and thankfully didn't have morning sickness which would have not mixed well with work. Instead, it decided to make its appearance in the evening. Nothing really 'cured' it, but these things helped:
-Smelling citrus peels
-Crushed ice
-Sucking on mints or butterscotch candies
The evening sickness gradually went away when I started my 2nd trimester

-Keep your tummy full, but not too full! Snack lightly throughout the day on nuts, fruit, cereal, veggies, etc.

-During the 1st trimester, I was EXHAUSTED. Go to bed early! 6:30pm was my bedtime. Ahhhhh :)

-The 2nd trimester was the best. You feel practically normal - not sick, and no aches and pains just yet

-Drink LOTS of water. I averaged anywhere from 70-102oz a day. This helped keep my feet from getting swollen, and ensured my body was hydrated. During the 1st trimester, I couldn't stand the thought of drinking water (though I could tolerate ice chips). Instead, mix water with drink mixes that contain natural sugars. I always diluted the drink mixes so I wasn't taking in too much sugar. One little Crystal Lite package would get me through 102ozs of water. Somewhere in the 2nd trimester, plain water became my best friend again :)

-I didn't get any weird cravings. There was a time where I couldn't stand Mexican, but pre-pregnancy I was never really a Mexican fan. Tortilla chips were my best friend for a few weeks.

-I felt her first kicks at 15weeks. Very early!! Like I said, she's a mover and a kicker and will be your star soccer player for the USA team in a few years :)

-Stay off the internet!! This got us in trouble at first. During the first few weeks we thought we were pregnant, we had a few complications and the doctors actually had a hard time verifying the pregnancy. Internet surfing because a habit (at least for me) and steered me down a path that only made me worry more. Listen only to your doctors, not some website or post that is likely from a non-credible person.

-The boobs will grow. As much as you don't want them to, they did this time around and probably will the next time around. It's better than your feet growing and having to get all new shoes!!

-Don't buy any clothes. We were very blessed to have wonderful people around us shower us with clothes - old and new.

-Listen to your body. If you're tired, sleep. If you're hungry, eat. If you're annoyed, take some time to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment