We've gone through some exciting changes in the past year. One that landed us with an amazing new member of the family (what up, baby girl!). Those of you that know me well, know that for YEARS (no joke) I've been struggling with what I want to do with my life. I picked Marketing as a major in college because it was 'that time' to pick something. I picked it because it sounded easy and because Angela Bower on 'Who's the Boss' did it and she seemed to like it. Don't deny it - you loved that show too. Laugh your head off will ya, as I know that's a stupid reason to pick a major. But hey I gotta admit, I'm pretty good at it. I don't know anyone else my age who has climbed the corporate ladder as fast as I have. I'm allowed to boast, right??
Anywho - I've gone to career counselors, talked with mentors, shadowed people, interviewed people, the works to try to determine what I should be doing with my life. The corporate gig just doesn't fit me well. The money is FaaaaBBBBBuloooooUUUUUsssss, but I'm beginning to realize that it's not worth sacrificing happiness. The past 3 months have really been an eye opener for me. I've learned that the only thing in the world I want to do is spend as much time as I can with our Munchkin and I don't want a job that leaves me miserable to get in the way of that. And so, I believe I have found the answer to my 5+ year long journey and the answer to my prayers. What is it, you ask? Well, you'll just have to wait until I do a little more soul searching and praying to ensure I'm going on the right path. It will be a long journey if this is what I'm supposed to do - one that might involve selling the house I love so much - so I don't want to reveal too much yet. All I can ask is that you keep your fingers crossed. <3
10 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment