Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Update on Kiddo #1

My dad asked me today what we plan to do for a special 2nd birthday we have coming up. I think that’s when it hit me. My little kiddo is almost 2. Two more months. Meaning, she has been on this world for 2 years. Weren’t we JUST bringing her home from the hospital?? How does time fly so fast? I completely understand people when they say the years just fly by with kids. Boy do they ever.

We have quite the little toddler on our hands. Gosh does she bring so much joy to our lives. She challenges us daily and teaches us patience, how to love bigger, and how to enjoy life. I love her innocence and curiosity and sometimes find myself wishing I could go back to being her age to enjoy life’s simple things. We truly can’t imagine our lives without her, nor do we ever want to have to try to.

So what are you doing these days?


-Wear size 4 diapers. Sometimes it is QUITE the challenge to get one of these bad boys on you. You are a squirmy little thing at times, so we might be heading down the Pull Ups path sometime soon


-We are still picky, though we have come a long way! You love almost any kind of fruit (still working on cantaloupe), pizza, raisin bread, cereals, milk, muffins, sweets (you get this from your mamma!), soup, chicken nuggets, cupcakes (you call these ‘cakes’), raisins, spaghetti, peas, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (but only from our garden), working on grilled cheese, yogurt, granola bars, milk, water water water, crackers, peanut butter, anything out of mommy’s cup. Meat is still a struggle (except chicken nuggets), so we try to work it in where we can. And any of these foods I mentioned above? Well, you will dip them in ketchup if we give you the opportunity. Oh, and M&Ms would be your own food group if we weren’t careful.

-You love babies. But when Daddy or I pay any attention to them, look out. This is where the sass comes on and boy do you pout that cute little lip of yours out and stomp around. Sometimes we even get to see you put on a show where you kick and scream on the floor. I need to be sure to get this on video one day.


-You love our animals: all 2 cats and 1 dog and are learning to say each of their names. Typically, you just refer to them as “Oggie” (Doggie) or “Cat.”


-Sleep has become interesting. I remember raving on about how you would just put yourself to sleep. Now? You want one of us to stay in there with you until you fall asleep. I blame this completely on Daddy who got you into this habit. We will be working on this soon, though to be honest, I really don’t mind the extra cuddle time.

-You still take 1 nap a day, usually around 2 hours.

-You get your love for the outdoors from Daddy who can stay out for hours. We have so much fun outside: we swing, play in our sandbox (that Daddy built), play basketball, watch the boys across the street (you LOVE them and have Daddy’s approval to marry one of them), go on walks, play ball with Colby, play in the garden, play with our water table, or look for the moon.


-You’re obsessed with pretending to drive our cars


-Call grandpa “Bubba” and grandma “Mimi.” It’s cute and I’m hoping those names stick. You love spending time with them and always ask for them when they’re not around

-Squeal with delight when we try to chase you.

-Know what you want. Every second of the day. When that doesn’t always happen, you throw yourself down on the floor, kick, scream and cry. A few times this happened in public but it didn’t bother me. We let you have your moment, and then you were right back up and at it again.

-Weigh 23 lbs. You are a petite little thing and always have been. You are still in 18 month pants, which are getting a bit short for you. 24 month or 2T tops fit you just fine.

-We visited the doctor the other week for allergies. Unfortunately, you must have inherited that gene from Daddy. Thankfully, some OTC medicine fixed you right up. Here’s hoping they don’t hang around for very long.


-Know your letters and numbers and can almost say the entire alphabet in order. You can spell your name too. Every time we pass by a McDonalds you yell out “M!!!!!” You love doing that , even though we’ve never been in one (nor will we ever go to one!). You also know the majority of your body parts and can say them when we point to them.

-You love to crawl up the stairs. A few times you’ve almost given us a heart attack when we forgot to close the gate and we found you half way up. You are a good climber but we still don’t let you do it by yourself


-You have learned the names of the other kids you stay with during the week. It’s so sweet to hear you call their names, as if you’re wondering where they are.


-Still obsessed with anything that lights up. Your favorites are mommy and daddy’s phone, laptops, ipods, etc. Basically anything expensive.

-Love BabyTV. This is a station on our satellite TV that is geared towards babies and toddlers. This is the only reason why we still have satellite. Your favorite shows are Hippa Hippa Hey!, Tricky Tracks, The Snowies, Mice the Builders and Oliver. After bathtime, it’s routine that we put the TV on while we’re drying you off. If it’s not on, you yell ‘BABY! BABY!’ You also love Elmo and Sesame Street.

-Your taggie blanket has been your best friend. You sleep with it and always want it to be around you in instances where you’re nervous or afraid. It’s a bit like Linus’ blanket, but not as extreme. We have 5 of them: 3 we rotate in and out and the other 2 we’re holding onto in case we ever were to need them. You have also recently started clinging to a Pink and White TY puppy. I was able to find another one online, so I bought it just in case we need a backup. It’s so sweet.


-You love watching yourself on TV. I take tons of videos of you with my iPhone and you love to watch all of them.

You are the sweetest! You will be a great big sister one day. We love you more and more each day and love watching your little personality develop. Please don’t grow up too fast sweet girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I'm Angie from The Barron Family blog. :-) I just made my way over to your blog. Your little girl is so cute and CONGRATS on baby #2. So exciting!!!

    About the shopping... :-) I do have to say, I have been there with the horrible shopper. My son was HORRIBLE. Oh my gosh, HORRIBLE. I could never shop with him. For some reason my daugther is just more laid back and is completely content sitting in her stroller. I do have a few 'treats' and snacks that I keep in my bag. She had a few m&m's, some crackers, you know. She's not always perfect though, trust me!

    I'm glad that you're a follower! I'll start reading yours too. ;-)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete