Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Eight is Great!

I think I have finally realized why I’m not a blogger. It’s because I stare at a computer ALL. DAY. When I get home, the only thing I want to do is not be near a computer!

In other news…Our sweet girl IS CRAWLING! Woo hoo!!! Our little stinker butt has finally figured it all out! For the longest time, she would crawl backwards. It was the funniest thing. Well, now she’s finally figured out the whole hand/leg coordination and is crusin’ all around! She does get a little wobbly here and there, but I’m sure she’ll be chuggin’ along like a champ in no time. So, what did she do with her new found independence? Crawl right over to our air vent and stayed there for a good 15minutes. I should have snapped a picture of it, but of course I didn’t think of it. She seems to be infatuated by the noise it makes when she runs her fingers over it. The little goober.

I have lots of 8month update – of course I’m late posting them (what else is new!):

-Weighs 17lbs (we think! Our scale has quite the personality)

-Loves to turn pages in books. She doesn’t care if you read them to her. She just wants to turn the pages

-We’ve added Pears, Bananas, Raspberries and Brown Rice to our pallet! We haven’t branched out and given her real people food yet. We’ll probably wait a few more weeks as she’s having some tummy issues

-FINALLY has two bottom teeth! I don’t think she’s used to them yet

-Can twist her tongue around in her mouth. I think I read somewhere that that means she’s going to be intelligent. She must get this from her mommy 

-Is learning the drink out of a sippy cup with diluted Apple Juice. Baby steps here…some days she likes it; others she wants nothing to do with it

-Is stuck on the word ‘da da da da da’ (it took me forever to type that! Blogger kept wanting to correct it for me and spell “DAD”)

-Loves it when you tickle her belly

-Still in 6-9month clothing

-Has been waking up earlier than normal…around 4:45-5AM! Yikes. Makes for some tired parents at the end of the day.

-Is still nursing. I have to give myself a pat on the back for keeping it up this long…even with work travel and all!

-Loves it when we sing “The Itsy Bitsy Spider”

-Still hates men! Haha

-Is shy around people she doesn’t know for a few minutes. Then once she realizes they are ‘ok,’ she becomes her normal self (unless it’s a guy. If that’s the case, see point above)

-Pulls on the cats and dogs hair. We’re trying to teach her to ‘pet,’ but she thinks it’s much more fun to pull and see them jump

-Talks. All. The. Time. I love it. She’s also quite a giggler

-Her hair is growing out! She almost has a little mow hawk, because the hair in the middle part of her head is much longer than any other part.

-Will be graduating to the big tub soon! Yes, we’re still in her infant tub.

-Loves to play with your hair

-Is so good at turning things around in her hand

-Can hold her own bottle, but we’re still trying to get the whole ‘tilt the head’ thing


Pictures to follow soon (hopefully before the 9month mark comes around in a week)!

No comments:

Post a Comment